Tuesday, July 07, 2009

It's Almost Lance

Tour de France 2009 Stage Four - Team Trial

Stage 4 of the Tour de France saw the Astana team blow away the competition in an exciting team time trial. Having moved up into third place by virtue of his performance yesterday Lance Armstrong Astana needed to beat Saxo Bank by 40 seconds in order to put Armstrong into the Yellow Jersey. Which the did...exactly. Leaving Armstrong and Cancellara in a dead heat but separated by a fraction of a second. Cancellara stayed in Yellow but with Armstrong breathing down his neck, Contador right behind him and much of the top ten made up of Astana team members things are indeed getting interesting. Of course, everything can change in the mountains.

We rode our regular loop this morning and then I took the Brompton for a day of extended errands and meetings which helped build up some miles. Tomorrow I do indeed have a funeral so will not get in a very long ride. I had hoped to make my first foray out to Valley Forge, but if I wake up early I may still get in a double or triple loop.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs