Friday, April 09, 2010

First Week Round-Up

It has been a good week of riding. I started out feeling pretty slow. I felt like one of the old men riding around the loop. Actually I am one of the old men riding around the loop, but when I can ride mostly at 14 mph and dance up the hills and inclines I don't feel like one of the old men. This week I couldn't do that after not riding for most of the last four months. Because of holiday scheduling my first five rides could be started in the morning light,which really helped. By yesterday, back on regular schedule actually felt good. I was up at 4:45 and out at 5:40 and finally, near the end of the ride felt closer to normal. Starting out on the weekend with the drives closed to traffic also helped.I thought that it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a break day soon and this morning the weather accommodated. It is raining and instead of riding I'm blogging. All told I've put on about 85 miles this week and took off about 2 pounds. Not bad for the first week of the season. Since I've missed three months of the new year I'm not making any predictions about my total mileage this year, but I will try to track it anyway.

I still haven't had time to stop and take any pictures, but when I can I will snap one of the new span of the South Street Bridge. Yes, the span is up, which was a pleasant sight my first day out.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs