Friday, February 13, 2009

Pitchers And Catchers Report



I know this is a bicycle blog, but come on, the World Championship Philadelphia Phillies begin the long road to a repeat performance this weekend when pitchers and catchers report. As you can see from the photo Cole Hamels, along with many of the regular position players are already in camp. This team is still hungry, I can feel it. And although it will be a lot more fun to watch the Tour of California for now, and the Tour de'France come July, by September all eyes will be on Philadelphia again.

Another nice day. spring has certainly not arrived yet, the temperature was down in the high thirties but still very much riding weather. The wind was nowhere near as dangerous as yesterday, but was still up. And my fitness certainly hasn't miraculously returned as I struggled with the wind and even the smallest of hills, It will take awhile, but it will come.

My experiment with getting more familiar with twitter is going well. Especially since I found a desktop program that brings me instant updates from both facebook and twitter. The twitter part really connects with the larger cycling community. I was able to get updates from the Tour of California Press Conference, for example, from Cyclicious. And a tweet from Lance Armstrong when he arrived in Sacramento. Cool

1 comment:

TheBicycle-Chef said...

ah, I see you discovered the linked within module. pretty cool, huh? Now, we have to talk about this twitter thing. WHAaa?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs