Saturday, September 29, 2007

What's good For The Goose

I did ride on the second morning of the holiday. Annie did not and I was moving fast, getting around the loop twice. On the second go round I hit a goose. Three geese crossed the road together and one changed his mind mid-way and it was too late for me to change my trajectory. We all went down. Miraculously neither me, nor the bike nor apparently the goose were seriously hurt. The bike was fine. I took some minor road rash and a slightly sore shoulder. Came right out of the clips and -- this is going to sound weird -- actually felt good after the crash. I've never really gone down other than the stupid falls when I was almost standing still and could unclip. This was a real spill and it felt ok to get it over with. I managed to finish the ride with no further incident.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs