Sunday, February 18, 2007

Back Outdoors

The skies have cleared and the temperature has risen, though not by much, and I could resist no longer. So I took the chance on the snowy, icy roads and went for a ride. Not bad, not bad at all. I did a 13.7 loop over mostly clear roads. The streets were worse than the path and I had to do some maneuvering to get up to the path. Then on the path itself there were definitely some dicey spots covered with frozen slush that had to be bumped over. Still, it was great to be out. Riding in daylight is a necessity since without the daylight to see some of the less safe spots would have been very ill-advised. Thus, until we get some good rain and warmer temperatures to clear the roadways, I'll be limiting my outdoor riding to days when i can ride in the light.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs