Wednesday, June 18, 2008

For The Children

A simply perfect day for a ride and a rare chance to ride with a friend. So my regular Wednesday ride was a bit shorter mileage-wise, but it was much fun and many more hills. I rode with Mindy, starting out in Mt. Airy and going through Chestnut Hill which are both quite hilly. Some of the ascents were quite a bit of work, but the descents were exhilarating to say the least. I couldn't really tell you what our route was, but she ended up dropping us back on the SRT at spring Mill and we headed back through Manayunk. A very nice loop of 32 miles door-to-door. And great company and conversation.

Arriving home I quickly switched bikes to the Brompton and threw a pair of real shorts over my cycling shorts and met another friend for lunch. Did some errands and added a couple of miles to the day's total.

Tomorrow I need to bring the car in for service and so will miss my morning loop. But I can throw the Brompton in the car and ride back to work, so I'll get some riding in.

Finally, I came across this new web site that allows you to view and buy children's books. I thought it was cool. They also let you embed an entire book into a blog. So enjoy this one on cycling. You can check it out by clicking on the Lookybook logo or here





No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs