Tuesday, July 22, 2008

As The Tour Turns

Annie and I went out early and rode a double loop. She went off to work and I went off to watch the TDF off my DVR. No commercials! I expected a more definitive stage today. However except for Vandveld very unfortunately crashing and losing time and Menchov showing surprising fear descending and losing time, there wasn't much. Of course, maybe that showed Menchov's smarts since it was a crazy descent and had Vandeveld not crashed coming down he would have been right up there, Safety first!
Anyway, it was also disappointing that George Hincappie didn't finish better, he looked poised for a stage win. The highlight for me is really the riding of Andy Schleck. His brother Frank may have the Yellow Jersey, but Andy is a phenomena. So it was a fun stage, but, as I said, I expected more attacks and more definition as to the leadership. Tomorrow should tell. As the book I'm reading says "The Tour is Won on L'Alpe.
Had to take my car in for inspection so I put the Brompton in the car and road it home and back again to pick up the car. Terrific convenience.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs