Monday, July 07, 2008

Riding in LA - Final Day



But the picture is from the first day. My son just emailed it to me. It gives you a good shot of me going down the hill in front of our rented house for the week and should explain why we didn't ride regularly from the house, but rather drove to the trail. I think there is another shot of me going up the hill, but my other son has that one and is presently on his honeymoon.

We are packed and ready for our flight home. We are tired and I slept uncharacteristically late this morning. We didn't get out to ride until after 10:15 AM. It was already getting pretty warm and Annie was particularly tired. We only rode 6.5 miles, but it was a good way to start the day, as always. And a nice way to bring this fantastic week to a conclusion.

I haven't written anything yet, but of course I am following the Tour de France and have watched all three stages. It is early in the race and all of the major contenders seem to still be in good shape except for Solar. That's a shame, he is one of my favorites mostly because he looks exactly like the bike rider in the animated movie the something of Bellville. I'll gegt more into it once I'm home.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs