Thursday, April 26, 2007

Oldy But Goody After A Great Ride

I'm getting used to waking up at 4:25, about 20 minutes earlier than I usually do when Annie is home. Getting out the door by 5:15 allowed me to ride 21.5 miles on a beautifully cool morning, temperature at 50 degrees. What more can I say?

So instead of words let me share this video I found on I-Tube of a an introduction to Bicycle riding and safety from 1948. It's actually pretty good in the main, with some exceptions especially as regards the equipment. It reminded me of my childhood.



By the way, I finally watched the DVD 2 Seconds last night. Fabulous cycling scenes and fun movie, but not great. Started off being really engaging and then seemed to rush the end, as if the filmaker ran out of money. But the visuals are worth the price of admission and the story is cute/quirky enough to hold you right up until the unsatisfying ending.

Last but not least, this is probably old news to many of you but Rebellin won Fleche Wallonne this week's one day Spring Classic through the Belgian Ardennes.


No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs