Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Bicycling Day

Today was one of my most successful and prolific bicycling days yet. I took my regular morning ride at 5:30. It was 26 degrees when I started but with little or no wind it was a pleasant ride despite the fact that there was still some snow-covered ice on sections of the trail. One section in particular, about half a mile long was completely covered. I had no trouble riding through it but it was the first time I'd faced the stuff on the ground and it was a bit unnerving. After I returned home and got ready for work I decided that since I had a lunch meeting with a colleague at the Manayunk diner I couldn't resist taking the bike out again. Remember that Manayunk is part of my regular ride and I could get to the diner by just riding along the usual Schuykill path, which I did. On the return trip I continued past my house on to Pennsylvania Hospital to visit a congregant and then home, bringing my total mileage for the day to 30.8 miles. Not bad for a day's work. It began snowing here this evening so tomorrow's ride is in jeopardy.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs