Sunday, January 07, 2007

Citizen Part Two

After a lovely morning ride of 13.6 miles today (I could only do the loop once despite it being Sunday due to work obligations and our desire to sleep a bit later on the weekend,) we took our second ride of the day when I returned from some morning meetings at work. Who could resist, as the weather continued its Spring-like character. So I was able to get Annie up on her Citizen bike and I took mine and we rode probably 4 or 5 miles up the Schuykill path. She loved it and we decided not to return either of the bikes. They are a lot of fun to ride and our only concern is figuring out when we would ride them. As previously reported, my first attempt to use mine for commuting wasn't everything I'd hoped primarily because the bikes are a bit heavier and bulkier than ideal and because at least the first office building I tried, wouldn't let me bring the bike inside even when folded. But the idea of traveling with them still seems feasible. We are checking airline regulations today before making a final decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the Citizen have a carrying bag as an option? If so, you might be able to tuck the bike into the bag and carry it into the building that way.

Ira F. Stone said...

There is a carrying bag, a very nice one, but too big and bulky to carry while riding. It will work well for travel, but not for everyday.
Ira

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs