Friday, January 19, 2007

A Lost Day

My work schedule kept me from blogging yesterday. My body and the weather kept me from biking today. Yesterday was wonderfully crisp, around 25 degrees when I went out at 5:30, but with no wind. I loved the ride and did 13.5 miles. However, my body is still a bit drained from the tooth episode and after a late-night meeting last night and faced with cold and a mix of rain and snow this morning, I let it go. The rest of the day turned out to be beautiful, but I couldn't fit in a ride. Sunday they're calling for good weather so I hope to get in a nice long ride.

Meanwhile, my friend Harry bought me a present for, as he said: "My growing collection." It is a beautiful little book called Bicycles (Le Bicicltte)by Fermo Galbiati and Nino Ciravegna published by Chronicle books of San Francisco. It is kind of a small coffee table book. It traces the history of the bicycle with short narrative and really unique pictures. It is lovely to have. At the same time, two of the books I ordered, "Iron Riders," the story of the 1890s Fort Missoula Buffalo Soldiers Bicycle Corps, and "The Six-Day Bicycle Races: America's Jazz-Age Sport," arrived. Now who cares if it snows. I can ride indoors and read these books for information and inspiration.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs