Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

It is 7 A.M. and I'm not out riding. Despite having awakened at 4 A.M. instead of 4:45 as usual in order to take son number 2 to the airport for his flight back to L.A.I am back in the house hoping that the rain will stop or slow enough for a ride later this morning. Since I'm still on holiday I can have the luxury of out waiting the weather. On my usual morning ride I'd be out in the rain. The hourly forecast suggests that it will clear by 10, so I may have a ride to report on later in the day. Meanwhile, let me reflect a bit about the place of blogging in my cycling experience. Early on in the process of becoming a regular rider I turned to the Internet for education. I discovered the blog (among other commercial sites that were also very helpful.)I'm pretty sure that the first blog I encountered was Cycling Dude who has been mentioned before. And probably through him I discovered the other blogs listed in my links section. I literally have put aside half an hour around my lunch hour to check into three or four of my favorites daily and when there is a bit more time, to check out either new ones or blogs I haven't found that compelling in the past, but are interesting enough to check on an irregular basis. Aside from learning so much from these experienced cyclists and besides having through them been lead to important web sites (like Foxwear Check it outwhere we bought some great winter riding gear)it has connected me to an entire community of bikes and bike related people. I strongly recommend exploring the world of bike blogging. Just today, in my rainy day mode, I did some exploring and discovered a number of great folding bike blogs. More about those another day.
P.S. I think that embedded link worked. Yes. I'm getting the hang of this.

1 comment:

Web said...

Ira,

Happy New Year, welcome to the bike blogging community and congratulations on your new folding bikes.

I enjoyed reading about the role played by the Schuykill River Path in your return to bicycling. When it comes to bike paths, I do believe "if you build it, they will ride".

With our sedentary lifestyle, Americans need to be inspired to be fit and active again so please keep on bike blogging.

Respectfully,
Larry Lagarde
RideTHISbike.com
Urging bicycling for recreation, commuting, health and a better future.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs