Thursday, June 14, 2007

Autumn Redoux?

Or should I saw winter? The wind chill was 50 degrees when we set out this morning. More than just chilly and a very premature reminder of what is bound to come again: winter. After all the months of riding in sub-freezing temperatures laden with layers, I'd just about put it all out of my mind riding each day this spring in my shorts and muscle jersey. Today I moved back to long sleeves, though still in shorts and it was fine. Fabulous, in fact. But it did bring back those nasty memories. We rode 13 miles and I felt like I could keep going easily. I haven't had the opportunity to really give myself a back-to-back long ride test yet, but I'm feeling pretty confidant about it for the Labor Day ride.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs