Thursday, March 29, 2007

Longer Ride, Shorter Post

As predicted, I am really pressed for time this week and the fact that I've been able to get my rides in is great; the fact that my posts have been so perfunctory is the price. I hope next week to be able to get to some other stuff. But, for today: I rode out at 5:45 in 39 degree weather. Clear and crisp and wonderful. Annie didn't come so I was able to really try to keep the pace up and succeeded in raising my average speed by at least 2 mph. Now, remember, I have to slow down a lot getting to the trail and back at red lights and such, so the real average on the tral is somewhat higher. Be that as it may, I was back tot he entry way at 6:30 as opposed to more like 6:50 and therefore started back around. I went back up the hill and turned back again toward the entry from the fountain behind the Museum, thus giving me a morning ride of 14.9 miles instead of 12.1. That's a pretty good increase while getting me home at exactly 7 AM, my normal time. Assuming I can do that regularly, (we'll see how it impacts riding with Annie) and, in fact increase the pace, my mileage should really increase. Now its back to the train!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs