Thursday, March 22, 2007

Two Fujis Role and a Mileage Adjustment

Who knows whether it will last, but Spring seems to have arrived again. Annie and I rode out for our first ride together on the new bikes at 5:30 this morning with the temperature at 43 degrees. We both loved our ride and were back 10-15 minutes sooner than we would have been on the other bikes. I'd like to translate this into a little longer ride as we get used to it, but for today I appreciated the extra time to get ready for work.

Arriving home the new computer on the new bike read 12.1 miles, suggesting a discrepancy between the odometers of the two bikes. I will faithfully record the new reading, but since I can't know which is truly accurate I'm not going to re-adjust my mileage figures to this point. Just wanted to be clear.

Finally, this just in from the Philadelphia Bicycle Coalition:

The Delaware River Port Authority DRPA has approved 11pm Bridge Walkway Closings for Bike to Work Week May 14 - 18, thanks go to DRPA CEO John Mathuessen.

On Friday May 18th BCGP and Trophy Bikes will be hosting Bike the Ben to the Ballpark Bash leaving from Independance Mall over the Bridge to Campbell's Field to watch the Camden Riversharks play the Bridgeport Bluefish.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs